Blog Posts You Might Have Missed
- Review: The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas
- Top 1o Tuesday – Books People Have Been Bugging You To Read
- Mini Reviews: Blaze and I Am not a Serial Killer
- Cover Love #68
- The Best Day of the Year
- Review: Jackaby by William Ritter
- Summerfall Teaser Blast (+ Giveaway)
- Top 10 Tuesday – Books I Want To Read But Don’t Own
- How I Choose a Book – Then and Now
- Cover Love #69
- Audiobook PSA: How To Train Your Dragon
Double the posts this week because I didn’t have an R&R last week. Of course, I want you to pay attention to all the blog posts this week, but you should pay special attention to the Summerfall post because there’s a giveaway and the PSA post because DAVID TENNANT AND DRAGONS.
Stuff I Received
- Mastermind: How To Think like Sherlock Holmes by Maria Konnikova
- Sidekicked by John David Anderson
- A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee (all from my parents)
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio (from my friend Michaela)
- Chasing Power by Sarah Beth Durst (from Bloomsbury via Edelweiss)
- The Girl of Fire & Thorns Stories by Rae Carson (from Gillian)
- The Prey by Tom Isbell
- How To Win at High School by Owen Matthews
- Lies I Told by Michelle Zink (all from HarperCollins via Edelweiss)
- Maids of Honor package o’ awesomeness: signed and personalized Maid of Secrets and Maid of Deception, “Maids of” buttons, two bookmarks, and a postcard (from the author, Jennifer McGowan)
Thanks to my parents, Michaela, and Gillian for my birthday presents and Bloomsbury, HarperCollins, and Ms. McGowan for my other GORGEOUS goodies! <3
Stuff I Bought
- Ninth Key (Mediator #2) by Meg Cabot
- Twilight (Mediator #6) by Meg Cabot
- The All-New Amelia by Marissa Moss
- Oh Boy, Amelia! by Marissa Moss
- Amelia Works It Out by Marissa Moss
- Luv, Amelia Luv, Nadia by Marissa Moss
- Amelia Takes Command by Marissa Moss
- Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Big Nate: In a Class by Himself by Lincoln Pierce
- Meet Felicity by Valerie Tripp
- Airhead by Meg Cabot
Hooray for thrift stores! I got all of that for ~$20. I also bought other books with a gift card I got for my birthday, but those won’t come in the mail til next week. You’ll just have to tune into the next R&R to see what they are. 🙂
What I Read
- How To Be a Pirate by Cressida Cowell audiobook – HILARIOUS. Fishlegs comes into his own! Hiccup saves the day! Alvin the Poor But Honest Farmer proves to be neither poor nor honest!
- How To Speak Dragonese by Cressida Cowell audiobook – Still in the middle of this one but loving it just as much as the others.
- In a Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis – Reviewing this one tomorrow. Loved it.
- Winterspell by Claire Legrand – Still processing my feelings. Review to come.
- Bad Magic by Pseudonymous Bosch – Currently reading. Slowly.
- Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton – DNF. Not my style. Review to come.
- Evidence of Things Not Seen by Lindsey Lane – Very intricate for such a little book. Still processing. Review to come.
- The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry – Currently reading. Not sure yet.
Event of the Week
It was my birthday last week YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I didn’t have to work, which was the first time that’s happened in three years. I slept, I conquered nations (in Civilizations V), I ate good food, I read, I hung out with family—it was a good birthday. Also, my dad wins the award for best birthday Facebook status.